Tuesday, March 1, 2011

School Success

This past November we had 10 children complete their last year of secondary school (S 6). This is memorable not only for the record number of children graduating but something else very exciting. In February, we got news that all 10 children passed the national exam! This is a huge accomplishment especially because our children had interruption in their schooling when they were young due to civil conflict. Over the years, they worked very hard studying and have overcome many obstacles. They are very proud of themselves as are we. We had cupcakes to celebrate the occasion.
The National Exam is a very challenging exam and many children do not pass. Passing the exam does not guarantee a child can go onto university but it’s a great milestone in their lives. In July, we will find out which children are eligible for university. Unfortunately, the Imbabazi does not have the resources to pay university tuition. Our children are able to continue on to university through generous sponsorships from people like you. For more information on sponsoring university tuition for one of our children please contact Jeff Ramsey. jefframsey@imbabazi.org
Get to know some of our graduates….
Claudine
My name is INGABIRE Claudine. I am 22 years old. In secondary school I studied electronics and informatics. In the future, I would like to be a business woman. I like singing Gospel songs. I am in the church choir at the Baptist church.
Vestine
My name is UWAMAHORO Vestine. I am 22 years old. In secondary school I studied electronics and informatics. I would like to study more about telecommunication.
Mussa
My name is UWITONZE Samuel known as Mussa. I am 20 years old. In secondary school I studied languages and literature. I deeply felt very happy when I got my S6 exam results. I did very well. This pushed me to thank my Lord in front of the Baptist church. I played the piano while Betty and Claudine sang. I also thank the Imbabazi because through the orphanage I was able to go to school. In the future, I would like to become a television journalist. My wish is to continue to university versity next year in journalism. My favorite skills are playing piano and taking photographs. Added to journalism, I am also interested in tourism, especially traveling and guiding. These activities are a very good way for me to practice my English and photography skills.
Betty
I am MUKABERA Betty. I am 21 years old. In secondary school I studied mathematics, biology and chemistry. I want to continue my studies and become a nurse. I like to crochet and help in the flower garden.
Gadi
My name is HABUMUGISHA Gadi. I am 19 years old. In secondary school I studied mathematics, physics and geography. In university I would like to study architecture. I like playing the guitar.
Umuhoza
My name is UMUHOZA Epiphanie. I am 20 years old. I studied geography, history and economics in secondary school. Now I am taking a 3 month training to learn about computers. I want to continue my studies in Tourism. 

No comments:

Post a Comment